The Kaiserswerther Diakonie: More diverse than most of us realise.
The Kaiserswerther Diakonie is one of the large social, welfare and health companies in Germany. It characterizes the northern region of the North Rhine-Westphalian state capital Düsseldorf and is recognised in the urban district of Kaiserswerth.
The Kaiserswerther Diakonie was founded in 1836 by the protestant priest Theodor Fliedner and his wife Friederike. Their vision of human commitment and their christian diaconal world view still form the guidelines of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie today. Nevertheless, tradition and progress belong narrowly together, hence in the course of time the Kaiserswerther Diakonie has grown and developed further.
Nowadays the enterprise is comprised of the Florence-Nightingale-Hospital and three further business areas:
- Social Services, besides providing youth and family assistance also provide support for the disabled and mentally ill.
- Services for the elderly include accommodation, recreation and nursing care
- Training and Education provide extensive choices for families, children and students. These include The Family Academy, The Centre for Learning and Support, The Bilingual Day Care Nursery, Theodor-Fliedner-Boarding School and the Vocational College for specialized personnel there are further Education programmes given by the Kaiserswerther Seminars and for apprentices there are more than 1,900 traineeships in various vocational schools.
With twelve specialised clinics the Florence-Nightingale-Hospital is the second largest hospital in Düsseldorf and is known far beyond the city’s boundaries. As an example, future parents feel they are in good hands here. More than 2,000 women give birth here every year. It therefore ranks second place in the birth statistics in the state’s capital.
Facts and figures
- Year of foundation: 1836
- Location: Düsseldorf, City District Kaiserswerth
- Under the legal form of: Registered Association
- Total turnover: about 160 million Euro (As of: 2016)
- Number of employees: 2,400
- Volunteers: 183
- Divisions: Social Services, Care for the Elderly, Training and Education, The Florence-Nightingale-Hospital has 12 specialised clinics
- Affiliate Company: Fliedner University of Applied Sciences in Düsseldorf
- Publicly owned companies: Hotel and Conference Centre MutterHaus Düsseldorf GmbH, Kaiserswerther Bookshop, Kaiserswerther Diakonie Service GmbH, KWD Service Company
- Archives: Fliedner-Kulturstiftung (Fliedner Cultural Foundation)
- Members of the Kaiserswerther Deaconesses: 95
Alte Landstraße 179
Corporate Communications of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie
phone: +49 211.409 3551
fax: + 49 211.409 3554
e-mail: send e-mail
Central Office of the Florence-Nightingale-Hospital
phone: +49 211.409 0
fax: +49 211.409 2111
Our services are also available in English:
With the U 79 from Düsseldorf Central Station to Klemensplatz
Timetable of Information for the Regional Transport Network Rhein-Ruhr
Düsseldorf Airport DUS (formerly: Airport Düsseldorf International) is in the immediate vicinity (approx.10 minutes by car)